With Who: WPS Health Solutions
Location: Marion, IL
Dates: Spring 2020
Position Summary: The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the “Pay-It-Forward Project” – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
WPS Health Solutions’ Human Resources (HR) team is looking for 1 intern to join our HR team in our West Frankfort/Marion offices. This intern will split their time between the two offices. During this internship, you will be exposed to multiple functions of HR including new employee onboarding, employee relations, and more.
In this role you will:
- Assist with employee relations duties such as processing disciplinary actions, terminations, ADAA Accommodations, etc.
- Answer basic benefit questions for Marion/West Frankfort employees
- Participate in meetings with senior leadership from across the organization
- Job shadow opportunities across multiple functions of HR
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in exploring what a career could look like at WPS Health Solutions
- Looking for an internship experience in a corporate setting within the field of human resources
- Are ready to jump in and help out where needed during an exciting time with WPS HR!
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Gaining lifelong relationships with WPS HR professionals
- Exposure to a day in the life of an HR Business Partner
You need to have:
- Currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and/or applicable experience
Application Deadline: Applications close on January 4th, 2020 at 12:55 am.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today via the Career Center Handshake portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021