Archives For Volunteer/Opportunities
Paid opportunity to create a 2-3 minute video about a young girl, Olivia, with Type 1 diabetes. Her family and friends are running the NY Marathon with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and are committed to raising $30,000. Through a video about her life, they plan to raise awareness.
For more information contact Abby Wallish at email@example.com or 240-278-5894.
For the 2017 Spring semester, Charleston Shucker Company is looking for an intern in their marketing/advertising/social media departments. The individual hired for this position will need string critical thinking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of web and social media.
Responsibilities include/ but not limited to:
- Research wedding and corporate gift magazines and blogs and prepare a press kit with our products to send out to publications for possible inclusion.
- Research Holiday Gift Giving Guides (print, online and TV).
- Create/Design a product catalog or spec sheet for wholesale retail customers.
- Writing pitch articles for editorial in publications.
- Research SkyMall Airline magazine contacts for potential inclusion.
- The Charleston Shucker Co. will be going through a total website conversion in Jan/Feb/March. This will be an opportunity to learn and contribute ideas to website improvement.
- Drafting/writing content for Business Facebook and Instagram posts.
- Writing content for Mailchimp customer emails.
- Contact list of potential southeastern retailer for placement in their stores. Follow up.
To apply contact Lindsey Ballenger at firstname.lastname@example.org; 843 819 9070
Please visit: https://apply.whitehouse.gov/intern to submit your Summer 2017 application.A ll application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted on or before ***March 31, 2017 *** at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age on or before May 30, 2017, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
Earth Heart Growers, a SC non-profit organization, was created to help children understand sustainability practices. The main purpose of EHG is to integrate the natural sciences into the formal school curriculum through in-school garden, culinary, and baking instruction, along with a Kids Market program where the children package and distribute their homemade goods.
EHG is seeking interns to help with the website, blog, answering emails, and promoting/marketing via videos.
Contact Executive Director Liz Ramirez with any questions or concerns: email@example.com
Charleston Style & Design publication is looking for contributing writers and essayists.
Charleston Style and Design invites you to submit an original, unpublished personal essay of no more than 650 words for possible publication in our quarterly department, Reflections.
Your essay should present an idea, concept or experience that you think would be of interest to our readers.
For consideration, send your essay (via e-mail only) and a short two-sentence biography to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the words “personal essay” in the subject line.
The magazine is looking for writers with a clear, vivid style and experience writing about design and lifestyle topics. Articles range from 300 to 1000 words.
One-page queries, accompanied by clips, are welcome. They should summarize the subject, suggest an angle and explain why the topic is consistent with the magazine’s mission. Please do not send any materials you want returned.
Put your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and final word count at top right of the first page of text. And don’t forget your short one-line bio at the end.
Wanted: Professional caliber update of website for Charleston County nonprofit BEGIN WITH BOOKS using Squarespace or other current, mainstream, screen-responsive web platform. Existing website is www.beginwithbooks.org and is based on outdated googlesites technology. The current website is accurate as a primary source of background/information but the content will be substantially updated based on current messaging documents. Student will consult with BWB director for initial concept and ongoing direction and review on a pre-determined schedule. Student will be expected to gain an in-depth familiarity with the program and its objectives to strengthen the website’s appeal and effectiveness, but all final copy and photographs will be provided by BWB. The finished website must integrate with existing donation software. The expected deliverable is a complete, functioning website that can be maintained by BWB personnel at project completion. Student will be responsible for platform recommendation (including accurate comparative budgeting/functionality information), template recommendations, layout and structure (sitemap), uploads, revisions, all of which will be subject to approval by BWB prior to proceeding. BWB will be responsive to all queries and will provide copy, content, and necessary approvals in a timely manner.
Interested students should email Patty Bennett-Uffelman (email@example.com) to find out more about this project and opportunity.
BEGIN WITH BOOKS
CHARLESTON COUNTY AFFILIATE OF DOLLY PARTON’S IMAGINATION LIBRARY
The Democratic Party of Virginia is looking for interested students to help Get Out The Vote between Nov. 5th and 8th. CofC 2013 political science alumna Melissa Markowich is heading the GOTV effort in Northern Virginia and would like your help. Interested students/alumni can directly contact Melissa with their questions. Also, Melissa can arrange housing for any student/alumni wanting to join in the GOTV in Virginia.
Democratic Party of Virginia
Office: 6 Pidgeon Hill Drive, Suite 230
Sterling, VA 20165
The Lowcountry Orphan Relief organization is looking for volunteers to create a 5-10 minute video to promote the organization’s major fundraiser, The Gatsby Gala, in September. The video will feature the organization’s founder Lynn Young and will highlight the work of the organization since 2003. If you have video production experience and are interested in this opportunity, please email Jane Wolfe, Lowcountry Orphan Relief Donation Committee Head, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Preservation Society of Charleston is looking for volunteers for the annual Fall Tour of Historic Homes and Gardens.
- Build your resume
- Learn Charleston’s history
- Enhance your public speaking skills
- Gain experience in the field of communication
- Enrich your leadership skills
- Expand your networking
Time commitment: 3-4 hours
For more information and to sign up visit our website at: