With Who: KEEN Footwear
Location: Portland, OR
Dates: Summer 2020
Position Summary: As one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry, we’re offering college students a unique opportunity to view KEEN from the inside out. Our summer KEENtern program provides students relevant and valuable hands-on work experience in 10 busy weeks at the global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We’re looking for students who have a strong passion for: creating their own opportunities, seeking innovative solutions, playing any place without a ceiling, and caring for the world around them. Having a diverse background and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment is a plus.
This program includes:
- A cross-departmental group project with 8-10 other KEENterns
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects and present to senior staff
- Living in Portland – hip city life, easy access to all your outdoor favorites, and the best place to be if you’re interested in the footwear and outdoor industry
- Paid housing, travel stipend, and transit pass
- Mentoring and career building workshops lead by industry experts
- Experience our values by participating in company volunteer event
- Work experience preferred, including but not limited to: work study, volunteer, internships, hospitality industry, administrative or office work, etc.
- Current student or recent graduate; Junior, Senior, or Grad student preferred
- Eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to participate in 10-week program from June 15 through August 24, 2020
General Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the Utility social media team in executing the overall strategy and day-to-day operations. KEEN Utility is a division of KEEN Footwear that is focused on providing protective footwear for our fans who work in their KEENs, with features like steel toes and non-slip soles. This role will engage in community management, social listening, content strategy/development, and help push the boundaries of KEEN Utility’s activations.\
The successful candidate is passionate for the digital space, flexible, takes initiative, and can multi-task. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in developing their digital expertise with an exciting work and safety boot brand.
- Assist in execution of overall social strategy and tactics for KEEN Utility in the US market
- Assist in managing the asset/content for social
- Assist in gathering and reporting of analytics across .com and social using tools like Google Analytics, Sprout Social and Simply Measured
- Assist in identifying moments in time and tactics to activate within the KEEN Utility broadcast calendar
- Support the team as a jack of all trades as necessary with copy writing, creative editing, research, and help manage partners
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of the social landscape and individual platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Youtube, TicTok, Snapchat, etc.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing and best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn as well as present ideas
- Hungry to hit the ground running and be a team player
- Familiarity with construction, landscaping, manufacturing, transportation, service, and/or heavy industries is an asset
Application Deadline: Applications close on January 31st, 2020 at 8:00 pm.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today via the Career Center Handshake portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021
- D.C. United: Seeks Manager of Video Content - September 14, 2021