With Who: KEEN Footwear
Location: Portland, OR
Dates: Summer 2020
Position Summary: As one of the fastest growing brands in the outdoor industry, we’re offering college students a unique opportunity to view KEEN from the inside out. Our summer KEENtern program provides students relevant and valuable hands-on work experience in 10 busy weeks at the global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We’re looking for students who have a strong passion for: creating their own opportunities, seeking innovative solutions, playing any place without a ceiling, and caring for the world around them. Having a diverse background and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment is a plus.
This program includes:
- A cross-departmental group project with 8-10 other KEENterns
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects and present to senior staff
- Living in Portland – hip city life, easy access to all your outdoor favorites, and the best place to be if you’re interested in the footwear and outdoor industry
- Paid housing, travel stipend, and transit pass
- Mentoring and career building workshops lead by industry experts
- Experience our values by participating in company volunteer event
- Work experience preferred, including but not limited to: work study, volunteer, internships, hospitality industry, administrative or office work, etc.
- Current student or recent graduate; Junior, Senior, or Grad student preferred
- Eligible to work in the US
- Must be able to participate in 10-week program from June 15 through August 24, 2020
General Summary: The Communications Intern works alongside the Global Communications Manager and Senior Organizational Transformation Director on a team that is in charge of internal communications, development curriculum, recognition programs, and JEDI initiatives (justice, equity, diversity, inclusion). A successful candidate for this role has passion for content engagement in the digital space and has excellent written communication skills with a wide variety of audiences. The Communication Intern should be comfortable with having flexibility and freedom to take initiative and tackle internal facing communications projects with minimal oversight.
This internship is a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience and exposure across a range of communications projects and cultural event experiences at an exciting outdoor brand. This is a rare chance to be exposed to the inner workings of an Organizational Transformation department and the elements required to support a mid-sized organization in the footwear and outdoor industry.
- Help communicate internal programs, initiatives, and cultural events
- Create digital content for our global organization
- Partner with key teams to aid in the proper dissemination of information through actionable strategies
- Assess and maximize engagement across a variety of employee touch-points
- Support monthly all-employee gatherings
- Research and explore new communication techniques to drive storytelling, increase engagement, and positively impact employee morale
- Assist in the development and execution of overall internal communications strategy
- Understand the complex needs of different events and different employee audiences
- Create and edit presentation decks via PowerPoint or Keynote
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able to quickly learn new software programs
- Able to solve problems with a positive attitude
- Can work independently (self-motivated) and on deadline
- Must possess enthusiasm for learning and helping with all aspects of communications
- Able to sit and/or stand at a desk and use a computer for extended periods of time
Knowledge & Skills Preferred:
- Prior experience working on a Mac operating system
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediary knowledge of Google Analytics
Application Deadline: Applications close on January 31st, 2020 at 8:00 pm.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today via the Career Center Handshake portal.
Latest posts by Megan Gould (see all)
- Amazon: Seeking Internal Communications Manager - May 21, 2020
- Spinx: Seeking Social Media Coordinator - May 21, 2020
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System: Seeking Communications and Digit Marketing Specialist - May 21, 2020