Department: Office of Alumni Affairs
Position: Alumni Center Concierge
Location: Towell Library in Cistern Yard
Supervisor: Assistant Director, Alumni Research
Term/Schedule: Part-time position. Shifts available: Mornings 8:30-12:00 and Afternoons 12:00- 4:00
Salary: $11 per hour
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must
- Be a student at the College of Charleston and enrolled for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Possess a cheerful, outgoing, patient, and helpful attitude.
- Love the College and its history and traditions.
- Be willing to learn general information about the College, alumni events, benefits, and traditions.
- Be able to type 35 words per minute accurately and be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Greet guests warmly and assist with guest registration.
- Look up guests’ records to verify contact information, employment information, relationships, and interests. Collect corrections and additions for our records.
- Offer guests refreshments, access to restrooms, and provide an overview of the Center’s amenities.
- Promote Alumni Association events (on campus and with chapter as appropriate), tours, benefits, and gifts.
- Provide directions around campus and the local downtown area, as well as recommendations for alumni-owned restaurants and businesses.
- Answer general questions and/or refer guests to other staff and offices as needed.
- Announce visitors to the appropriate Alumni Affairs staff member as necessary.
- Assist with sales and inventory in the alumni gift shop.
- Answer the main phone line, accept and distribute department deliveries and mail, and perform other general front desk administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, log on to CofC Handshake and search the position title.
Cierra SeidCierra Seid
- Media Relations Internship with Milwaukee Brewers - December 20, 2018
- Research Scholars Opportunity with University of Delaware - December 13, 2018
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Intern - December 13, 2018