With Who: The Post and Courier
Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Full-time, Hourly
Salary: up to $17.94 an hour
Position Description: The Marketing Coordinator supports business to consumer marketing and business to business marketing initiatives for The Post and Courier across departments. The position’s objective is to enhance the brand, increase value, generate leads, grow revenue and meet revenue objectives.
- Strategize and execute paid social media marketing to increase awareness and drive leads and conversions for digital subscribers, event marketing and business to business for the advertising division.
- Coordinate the distribution of content across social media and the digital ad space based on the marketing strategy for select company accounts:
- Post across the multiple accounts, respond and engage with followers.
- Produce monthly reports on social growth for analysis.
- Increase engagement and traffic through social and digital outlets.
- Work with agency to optimize paid ad campaigns for conversion.
- Maintain and report on paid campaign status, including budget spend and results.
- Enterprise, write and create content and blogs to generate business to business leads for the advertising division.
- Edit and post videos following events.
- Edit video, podcasts and audio files for marketing projects.
- Make updates to event websites.
- Photo organization and management of assets for the marketing department.
- Bring new engaging ideas and be willing to take on new challenges.
- Prioritize, manage time and meet multiple deadlines.
- Proactively stay ahead of industry best practices and trends through research, networking, training and education.
- Work collaboratively across departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements, minimum education level, and experience:
- BA in marketing communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of marketing experience
- Experience with social media content creation and editing
- Experience with social media marketing platforms and campaigns
- Proficient of After Effect and Adobe Premiere video editing software a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress or other web CMS systems a plus
- Ability to work independently remotely, if necessary, in a suitable workspace that meets safety guidelines
- Reliable access to internet service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a collaborative, team environment
- Background in HTML emails, video editing, graphics for use on the web and social media
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator on Mac or PC platform
- Incredible attention to detail & capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once
- Ability to segment social media audiences
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Software
- Basic SEO skills, social media management software
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient in new technology
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Positive, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and passion for the position and its opportunities
Physical Requirements, Work Environment and Travel:
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time. The job requires reaching with hands and arms, bending and stooping; light to moderate lifting of 15-30 pounds. The job requires hearing, speaking and writing with close eye work on a computer screen.
- The worker is generally subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Local travel may be required occasionally.
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please visit the Indeed site.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- CofC Grad School: Seeks Director of Marketing and Recruitment - October 24, 2021
- CofC Institutional Events: Seeks Administrative Support Specialist - October 10, 2021
- DART: Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice - September 17, 2021