close date: April 18, 2019
The City of Atlanta Department of Public Works takes great pride in the internship program offered each summer to college students. Annually, we dispose of residential garbage, manage the city’s roadways and infrastructure projects for 1.5 million residents and a thriving business community. Selected Interns are engaged with entry-level work assignments to gain experiential learning that includes problem-solving, technology integration and critical thinking. We are actively seeking summer interns. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, skills, and abilities listed herein, we invite you to apply.
This summer experience is designed to broaden the Intern’s overall knowledge and understanding of the Public Works operating environment and includes internships in various areas. The internship is meant to give the student a feel for the day-to-day work experience and will include a capstone/portfolio project in one of the following areas:
- Fleet Management
- Business Innovation
- Customer Services
- Internal Audit
- Information Technology
- Marketing Communications
- Transportation Operations & Administration
- Planning and Development (Engineering)
- Public Affairs (Public Relations & Government Affairs)
- Traffic Engineering
- Project Management
Students selected for the internship will be from the following majors and matched appropriately to the relevant work areas: Architecture, Engineering, Business Administration (including: Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Management, MIS), Political Science, Sociology and Mass Communications.
In one pdf package upload your resume and your most current college transcript that must include grades through completion of the Fall 2018 semester and the classes for which you are currently registered.
- An applicant must be currently attending a college, university, community college or technical institute.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must possess a 2.75 grade point average (GPA) or greater on a 4.0 scale at the time of application submission.
- Applicants must be able to provide a transcript within 24 hours of granting an interview and be able to supply a certified copy upon receiving an offer for hire.
- Students must have completed their first year of college before beginning the internship.
- Students must be continuing their education in the fall following their participation in the program (rising Sophomores, rising Juniors, and rising Seniors)
- Students must successfully pass a background check with no disqualifying crimes within the last 10 years.
- Students must successfully pass the pre-employment drug screening.
- Students must appear in person for an interview if selected for the internship.
- Must have at least a minor in one of the related fields listed above to be considered.
- Must be able to commit to working for 12 weeks – commencing on May 16, 2019 and concluding on August 7, 2019 – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- City of Atlanta mandatory 2-day training May 16th and May 17th
- Summer staff will be required to work an 8-hour shift Monday – Friday from May 16 – August 7, 2019. Vacation requests during this time will not be approved.
To view internship description and apply, visit: https://cofc.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2603700
Latest posts by Nicole Russo (see all)
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019