With Who: The Ohio State University
Location: Columbus, OH
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: $83,000.00 – $90,000.00 Annually
Position Description: Responsible for overall leadership for communications, outreach, marketing and public relations for the Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Higher Education and The Ohio State University, Office of Chief Information Officer Communications. Functions as the top communications advisor and press secretary for OH-TECH. Responsible for establishing and directing the overall communications and marketing strategic plan, implementing strategic, audience-centric communications and marketing, including public relations, print and graphic media, video and web communications, digital and social media, and media support for special events; formulates plan through collaboration and in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Operations and unit Directors with input from the managers of the major departments: identifies, develops, and tracks key metrics that can be used to evaluate progress toward marketing, communications and public relations goals.
Provides leadership within the organization by establishing organizational priorities; develops and implements social media strategy responsible for establishing brands as well as establishing and diffusing key messages via multiple media outlets; provides leadership and supervises communications and outreach staff. Responsible for targeting markets and fostering key strategic alliances and business partnerships; responsible for allocating resources and budgets within the department to meet the needs and priorities of the organization. Primary point of contact and liaison with The Ohio State University and the Ohio Department of Higher Education communications teams.
Leads efforts to communicate with the media, including pitching ideas and placing local and national coverage; develops and maintains press materials, media messages and strategy in accordance with consortium’s communications plan. Cooperates and collaborates with staff members at all levels and in all areas of organization, as well as with other members of industry trade organizations, community partnerships, and other relevant groups to develop high-technology media pitches and stories; writes and disseminates information to media conveying consortium’s key messages; arranges interviews, drafts speeches for consortium executives, editorial board visits, and media tours; establishes and maintains solid relationships with media representatives through continual contact and consistent, dependable support; serves as company spokesperson when appropriate; recommends media relations strategies and tracks value of media coverage for management.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in developing and applying metrics to determine success in meeting goals of plan.
- Ability to develop and implement a communications and marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing and promoting key messages to designated audiences.
- Strong writing skills paired with the ability to generate both digital and print content.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-directed with excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- Experience managing multiple organizational social media accounts.
- Experience in a progressively responsible managerial capacity.
- Experience in determining target markets and creating and fostering strategic alliances and business partnerships preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple media techniques.
- Experience with Google Analytics and content management systems.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience.
Application Deadline: Applications close on June 7, 2020.
Apply (or request more information): See more position information, and apply via the The Ohio State University Application Portal.
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- AACE: Seeks Content Marketing Manager - December 1, 2020
- Marin Montesssori School: Seeking Director of Communications & Marketing - December 1, 2020
- Holton-Arms School, Inc.: Seeks Communications Associate - December 1, 2020