The Quizzes tool enables you to create and manage points-measured assessments. Create and manage quiz questions from the Question Library or the Quizzes tool, and organize quizzes into categories to make it easier to find assessments with similar or related content. This tool can be used to deliver quizzes, tests and final exams.
Watch the Recorded Webinar from TLT's March Training
Creating a Basic Quiz in OAKS
Creating Quiz Questions
Learn how to add multiple choice/true false, short answer, and matching questions.
Give each learner a random set of quiz questions
Learn how to add random sections and question pools to do more than the basic question randomization.
Create bonus quiz questions
- Go to Grades > Quizzes
- Edit an existing quiz, and click Add/Edit Questions.
- Select the check box for any questions you want to be made bonus questions.
- Click More Actions, and select Toggle Bonus.
Preview Your Quiz Before Your Students Take It
Use the quiz preview option to test the accuracy of content and grading before you release a quiz. In a preview, you can answer the questions, view allowed hints, submit the quiz, auto-grade answers, read feedback, and view report results.
- Go to Grades > Quizzes
- From the dropdown arrow next to the quiz, choose Preview
- Click Start
- Take the assessment
- Submit the attempt
Manually Grade a Quiz
- From Grades > Quizzes, click the dropdown menu next to the quiz and choose Grade
- Click on Attempt 1 under a student’s name
- Go through and read and assess the questions that need to be manually graded
- When evaluating a quiz submission, click Save Draft to store any grading and feedback information
- When finished, click Publish Feedback to release the feedback to the Grade book and the student
Note: Once feedback is published, the user interface displays options to Update and Retract. Retract allows score and feedback to be hidden from learners. Published feedback automatically appears in your grade book. If you retract published feedback, the entry is simultaneously removed from the grade book until you publish again.
Reset quiz attempts for learners
- On the Manage Quizzes page, from the dropdown menu next to the quiz with attempts you want to reset, click Grade.
- Select the check box for each attempt you want to reset and then click the Reset icon at the top of the list of quiz attempts.
Note: By default, the Grade Quiz page only displays completed quiz attempts. To view quiz attempts in progress, on the Users tab or the Attempts tab, from the Restrict to filter, select either All attempts or Users with attempts in progress.
Quiz Event Logs
View the event log of a single quiz attempt
You can view an event log of a single quiz attempt made by an individual learner.
- In the Quizzes tool, open a quiz.
- From the quiz drop-down menu, select Grade.
- On the Grade Quiz page, in the user list, click attempt 1.
Export the event log of all quiz attempts
You can export an event log of all quiz attempts made by all learners in your course.
- Open the quiz that you want to export the event log for.
- On the Grade Quiz page, click Export Event Logs.
- Enter a name for the file.
- Specify where you want to save the file.
- Click Save.
View Quizzes Attempt Logs
The Attempt Logs track detailed quiz attempt events per user. From the Overview tab you can view quiz attempts based on Quiz Entry time, Quiz Completion time, Quiz Attempt Deleted, and Quiz Attempt Restored.
From the Detailed tab you can view the following quiz attempt events: Quiz Entry and re-entry times, Response Save time, Page Movement time, Quiz confirmation screen / completion time, and IP Address when each event occurs.
- On the navbar, click Grades > Quizzes.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, from the dropdown menu next to the quiz with attempts you want to see, click Attempt Logs.
- Click the Overview tab or the Detailed tab to view all Attempt events for the quiz.