Cocktail inspired beers

9 thoughts on “Cocktail inspired beers

1. I never thought about beers as a cocktail inspired thing, but am super intrigued after reading this article.

2. I always knew there were a lot of characteristics about beer I was unaware of. Beer being considered a cocktail is one I certainly was unaware of.

3. People are combining and coming up with so many new drinks nowadays that this would not surprise me. I am actually very excited to try this because I love beer. I think this could be the next big thing as they said in the article.

4. It was interesting to me because you don’t think having a bitterness taste would be pleasing to people especially if you it one of the most important parts of the ingredients. Especially if you are making a cocktail.

5. Prior to taking this course I was introduced to wider variety of beers, specifically one that reminded me of a cocktail was a Delerium Red, which gave a sweet cocktail feel to it. Personally this is a great thing for beer, there is a wide variety of cocktails and many different liquors that can be added to enhance sweetness, bitterness, etc, but beer can be wildly overlooked for its complexity.

6. I found this article really interesting, and I think that exploring the idea of beer cocktails can provide an opportunity for growth within breweries, taprooms, bars, and for craft-enthusiasts at home. I tried a beer cocktail in Asheville at the Wicked Weed taproom. Though I was initially hesitant as the idea truthfully sounded a bit gross at first, I ended up really enjoying it!

7. I would LOVE to try this. I am a huge fan of cocktails and was very drawn to the mezcal drink that the article was talking about since I am a big mezcal girl. I do not drink beer usually and have expanded my horizon a lot since taking this class, but I will always love cocktails so this is right up my alley.

8. A common theme in majority of these articles is that most breweries are ran by husband and wife and I think that is so cute.
    Having cocktail inspired beers is a great way to get more people interested in beer.
    One of the main things that I hear when it comes to why someone does not want to drink beer is the taste and having them be cocktail flavored may change that.

9. This article was really interesting to read. Before reading this article I had never heard of a cocktail beer and think this is a really cool idea that could really take off. How they decided to mix the base beer with the base liquor is by the flavors that naturally go well together. I think it’s really cool how they use bitters to enhance the drink. I really want to try one of these cocktail beers now to see how it truly tastes.