10-13-10 Press Release

Press Release on 10/13/10

For Immediate Release:

In recent months, there have been many alarming bike accidents and incidents within the City of Charleston.  As many of the students at CofC use bicycles as their main mode of transportation, we are very concerned about any action the City is taking to ensure our streets are safe for both motorists and bicyclists alike.  The City recently released this Press Release to explain some of the steps that they have taken to make changes to the ordinances regarding bike travel in the city.  Please take a look at this press release from the city regarding the changes:

Press Release

Ordinance

The Student Government will continue to monitor this situation and keep the campus community informed of any other changes that are made to ensure the city remains a safe place for bicyclists.

Founded in 1770 and chartered in 1785, the College of Charleston is the oldest institution of higher education in the state of South Carolina and the thirteenth oldest in the United States. Through the years, our institution has grown from a school of twenty to a current enrollment of nearly 10,000 undergraduate students. The Student Government Association has represented those students based on the principles of Integrity, Honor, and Fidelity since our founding in 1922.  The SGA is always welcome to receiving suggestions and comments, which can be submitted online at http://sga.cofc.edu/make-a-suggestion/index.php or through e-mail at sga@cofc.edu.

Posted in Uncategorized
3 comments on “10-13-10 Press Release
  1. Rickey Gour says:

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way! Also, please check out my blog http://dewaltdck655x.posterous.com/best-tool-combo-kit-review-dewalt-dck655x

2. Aw, this was a very good post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don’t seem to get nearly anything done.

3. I think this site has some real fantastic info for everyone :D. “When you get a thing the way you want it, leave it alone.” by Sir Winston Leonard Spenser Churchill.