The Modern Connection is Hiring a Search and Social Ads Intern. Read below for more information.
Number of Positions: Up to two (2)
You’re driven. Tech savvy. A social media-competent college student looking for hands-on, real world experience in digital marketing and paid advertising. If you’re the best of the best and can bring fresh ideas to the table, along with creative talent — we want you to join our team for a Fall/Spring internship!
Responsibilities: Build your work experience and portfolio in the exciting world of paid search and social advertising! We’re looking for very bright, tech savvy interns who will assist our Paid Ads Specialist. We’re seeking interns that can dedicate 15 to 25 hours per week at our downtown office. You’ll shadow our Paid Ads Team Lead and assist in all areas of paid search and social advertising to include:
- Aid the Paid Ads Specialist in tracking daily budget spend for 14+ clients
- Regularly look for and communicate opportunities for account optimization for AdWords clients to Paid Ads Specialist
- Aid in pulling monthly reporting for clients
- Aid in the build-out of new Google accounts for new clients (i.e. pulling and analyzing search query reports, utilizing Keyword Planner, mocking up ad copy)
- Aid in pulling together Facebook/ Linkedin, Twitter campaigns / boosting posts
- Communicate with Google regarding pixel implementation for new clients
- and so much more!
Qualifications: Student must have superb writing and communication skills with impeccable English and grammar. Extreme attention to detail is needed. Must be a self-starter and able to jump into a busy environment quickly. Must own a computer or laptop with Internet capabilities. You must be currently enrolled in a school or university AND be receiving class credit for this internship.
Required Technical Skills:
- Google AdWords and Analytics certifications
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager
- Intermediate Excel skills – ability to write and understand basic formulas (VLOOKUP, SUMIF/SUMIFS)
Learning Objectives: By the end of the semester, our interns will walk away with knowledge and experience in:
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Ads Development – Includes Facebook, Instagram, Linkedln, Twitter
- Paid Search Ads Development – Includes Google & Bing
- Business Management
- Client Relations
- Project Management
- Client Strategy and Recommendations
Compensation: Unpaid, College credit only.
To Apply: Email only, please. Send us your resume, cover letter, and a 300 word (minimum) blog post on a social media-related topic of your choice. Be sure to highlight your current use of social media, your passion for learning Paid Search and Social and WHY you’d be the best fit for our team. Email: Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FALL 2018 INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
Cassandra P. FosterCassandra P. Foster
- CHSWFF Seeks Mktg + Comms Intern - August 2, 2019
- Comms & Market Research Intern at Luntz Global - July 26, 2019
- Marketing Internship at Island Coastal Lager - July 24, 2019