With Who: The US-China Business Council
Where: Washington, DC
Description: The US-China Business Council (USCBC) is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, membership association for American companies engaged in business with the People’s Republic of China. Founded in 1973, USCBC provides its members with research and information services; holds meetings and conferences on a wide range of business topics; publishes a quarterly online magazine, biweekly newsletter, and in-depth reports on China trade, investment, and operational issues; and takes an active role on US policy issues relating to China and international trade.
USCBC’s Communications and Publications team is seeking one part-time intern to assist with USCBC’s various communications initiatives. The job is a paid internship requiring a 20-hour per week commitment. Interns are expected to work partially in the office and partially from home and therefore must be based out of the DC-metro area for the entire internship. The internship will last for a period of no less than six months and no more than one year. This internship is an hourly paid position. Applicants must have US work authorization for the internship.
- Assist with preparing and publishing USCBC’s various publications.
- Assist with various research tasks for USCBC’s Subnational Initiative program.
- Provide administrative/program support as required.
- Graduate degree or enrollment in a graduate program strongly preferred; recent undergraduates may be considered.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and spelling.
- Strong editing, fact-checking, proofreading, and writing skills.
- Commitment to work 20 hours per week for a minimum of six months; one-year commitment preferred.
- Experience pitching stories to the media preferred but not required.
- Strong, demonstrated research experience and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Cover letter (indicate legal work status and availability both in terms of dates and hours per week)
- Contact information for three references
- Brief writing sample (2-5 pages)
To apply: Please submit materials via email to email@example.com. Please reference “Communications Internship” in the subject line of your email.