The Digital Media Intern will help engage US Club Soccer members and the public by developing digital and social campaigns and posting content. These efforts will contribute to US Club Soccer’s communications and marketing initiatives, particularly focused on social media and website content. The ideal candidate also brings video production and/or graphic design experience.
The Digital Media Intern will report to the US Club Soccer Charleston office at 192 East Bay Street on a schedule to be coordinated with the Director of Communications. This is a paid summer internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategize, develop and execute social media initiatives through traditional and creative tactics. Increase engagement and followers of US Club Soccer social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation of content for all of US Club Soccer’s platforms. This includes diversifying content, ensuring that all platforms are updated frequently, and reviewing existing content to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Contribute to the development and execution of specific communications and marketing plans to help achieve the organization’s registration, programming and other goals (ex: health and safety, risk management, etc.).
- Contribute to the execution of pre-event, on-site and post-event communications plans.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop and refine resources to support sales and membership efforts.
- Operations, project and event-based support on an as-needed basis.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Currently pursuing a degree in English, Communication, Marketing or a relevant field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints.
- Proficiency with social media channels, particularly: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat.
- Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of soccer.
- Experience with email marketing tools, such as Constant Contact.
- Graphic design
- Video production
To be considered for the Digital Media Internship, please send a cover letter, resume and any supporting materials to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is April 19; however, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be open until filled.
Nicole RussoNicole Russo
- Communications Internship with CofC’s Division of Information Technology - July 11, 2019
- Sales/Marketing Internship with Grey Ghost Bakery - April 22, 2019
- PR Internship with The Public Theater - April 12, 2019