With Who: CofC School of Business
Location: Charleston, SC
Dates: Summer 2021
Hours: 10 per week
Compensation: $10 per hour
Position Summary: (This is a paid internship.) This position allows for a moderate amount of discretion and decision-making regarding content development; however, all items for external distribution must be reviewed and approved by the director or associate director of communications prior to scheduling and publishing.
- Assists the director and associate director of marketing and communications with developing and executing digital marketing and social media strategies for School of Business undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Assists the director and associate director of marketing and communications with developing and executing communications strategies for School of Business undergraduate and graduate programs (e.g., writing, interviewing and editing content for print, web and social media, video creation, etc.).
- Develops, schedules and executes innovative and creative content across social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Proposes creative strategy to director and associate director of marketing and communications. Stays up-to-date on social media trends and best practices.
- Measures and reports performance of digital and traditional marketing campaigns and assesses against goals. Identify trends and insights, and optimize performance based on the insights.
- Monitors campus and alumni community to stay abreast of news, events and trends for social media and content ideas. Works closely with School of Business director and associate director of marketing and communications.
- Assists with administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or a related major
- Applicants in their junior or senior year are strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in managing all major social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Must have the ability to assist with social media graphic creation on Canva, Photoshop, or another platform a plus
- Should have solid knowledge of social media analytics tools on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Should have the ability to learn processes and develop quality content quickly
Apply (or request more information): Check out this posting today on the CofC Handshake portal!
Megan GouldMegan Gould
- Introducing the Martin Scholars, Class of 2022 - June 9, 2021
- American Express Discovery Program (September 2021) - June 7, 2021
- Spoiled Yogi Marketing Agency: Seeking Marketing Intern (Summer 2021) - June 7, 2021