Last to the Party

I would say it’s time to release my website unto the world, but alas it’s been live for a couple weeks now. That being said, this was definitely a love-hate project. I went into the process pretty confident and then was almost immediately humbled by wordpress and its many quirks. I knew in my head that I wanted a relatively minimal design, something that was clean and wouldn’t distract for my work.  I ultimately chose the template rainfall, after some deliberation, as it felt the most clean and implemented longer texts posts effectively. Starting with my home page, I used it as a basic “about me” page, so it has a picture and a rundown about who I am and what I’m interested in. Below that, I have a button that takes you to my personal professional narrative, as well as a link to my LinkedIn, which is on every page. To the right, are my blog posts, which are also present on every page. As a result, I chose not to make a dedicated blog post button in my navigation bar because the posts were easily accessible. For my artifacts, I chose a term paper that highlighted my attention to detail in the written form, another essay that highlighted my ability to analyze film, and a third video essay that showed my editing skills and ability to frame a project for entertainment purposes. For each of these artifacts, I wrote a brief contextual piece telling website viewers what the project was about and why I chose to do it in the first place. The last tab in my navigation bar takes you to my exploded resume, which is embedded allowing easy view and the ability for viewers to download it. I think the site reflects my skills pretty well, especially in terms of quality writing and attention to detail. If I had more time, I think I would have added more visual elements to break up some of the text, but I think it looks pretty good as is.