With Who: Consumer Bankers Association
Location: Washington, D.C.
Employment Type: Full-time
Position Description: The Consumer Bankers Association seeks an experienced digital communicator and storyteller to join our growing marketing and communications team. This position will report to CBA’s Vice President, Public Affairs and will help support our efforts to champion the benefits of retail banking, amplify the important work of our members, and drive forward advocacy campaigns in Washington, D.C., to help consumers and small businesses finance the American Dream.
Responsibilities: Specifically, the head of digital communications will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and developing creative content for social media platforms for CBA and CBA’s President & CEO, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, specifically:
- Developing graphics and clipping videos to post on our platforms
- Closely monitoring social media, alerting the team to breaking news, and identifying opportunities for engagement
- Managing campaigns as well as leading rapid response efforts around breaking news
- Identifying and implementing digital thought leadership opportunities for the President & CEO
- Collaborating with the President & CEO to write weekly blog, Rapid Fire
- Developing unique videos and graphics to support storytelling efforts as well as rapid response
- Overseeing the booking, production and editing of CBA’s podcast, Suite 550, in coordination the President & CEO
- Managing CBA’s studio, supporting the VP, Public Affairs and AVP, Media Relations in staffing interviews or overseeing the production of an online event
- Assist AVP, Media Relations in drafting press releases and messaging blogs as needed
- Assist AVP, Marketing, Design & Creative in developing branded content
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must have at least four years of experience in the digital communications space and possess a strong background in graphic design, photography, and videography, as well as a strong writing ability. The ideal candidate must also be eager to take initiative and anticipate opportunities and challenges; be passionate about storytelling and driving advocacy campaigns forward; have experience quickly distilling complex issues into easy-to-understand messaging; and clearly demonstrate an all-hands-on-deck, team mentality. Knowledge of financial services issues and experience working on Capitol Hill, at a federal agency, or at a public affairs firm a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities: The Consumer Bankers Association (CBA) is the only member-driven trade association focused exclusively on retail banking. Whether buying a home, financing an education, or launching a small business, since 1919, our members have partnered with consumers to help them achieve the American dream. Taken together, CBA’s corporate member institutions account for 1.7 million jobs in America, extend roughly $4 trillion in consumer loans and provide $275 billion in small business loans annually.
Apply (or request more information): For more information or to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.