With Who: Manhattanville College
Location: Purchase, NY
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: The Director of Athletic Communications is responsible for maintaining all aspects of Manhattanville’s Athletic Communications department, covering 22 men’s and women’s athletic programs serving as the primary media contact. This position will also produce all game-day broadcast, statistical reporting and social media coverage. This position requires the ability to handle an irregular work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Produce a constant stream of creative and engaging written, video and graphic content for the department website and all social media accounts.
- Run the day-to-day operations of all @GoValiants social media and manage the GoValiants.com website using SIDEARM Sports CMS.
- Prepare and design all official game day programs, social media graphics, schedule posters, marketing and promotional materials.
- Provide live statistical coverage for all home athletic events through GoValiants.com and share the completed stats with the opposing Athletic Communications departments and NCAA. Also coordinate with opposing departments for all road contest statistics.
- Produce live video broadcasts for all home athletic events.
- Coordinate staffing of all game day student workers, interns, graduate assistants and volunteers.
- Write postgame stories for all athletic events.
- Shoot and edit interviews and b-roll for video features.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local/national media for public/media relations purposes.
- Assist AD and Assistant AD with operations for Hall of Fame, including constant coordination with alumni and inductees, as well as their families. Create all the printed materials for the event, design plaques and work with the company for printing and installation, and capture the event via video and photos.
- Lead the annual awards ceremony. Produce all the content necessary, coordinate with the rest of the department in order to choose the winners.
- Coordinate weekly and annual nominations for conferences, regions and national organizations for awards.
- Coordinate media days for each team.
- Manage and direct the staff of two (2) Graduate Assistants, three-four (3-4) undergraduate for-credit interns and five-six (5-6) gameday athletic communications assistants.
- Manage all the email listservs for the athletics department.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of athletic communications experience in an intercollegiate setting
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, AfterEffects, Illustrator)
- Experience with statistical programs (NCAA Live Stats, STATCREW, etc.)
- Experience with collegiate athletic website services (SIDEARM, Presto, etc.)
- Expertise in AP Style writing
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Master’s Degree
Apply (or request more information): See the full job posting on the CofC Alumni Career Center site!