Week 3 of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month focuses on cybersecurity in the workplace. No matter your role at the College, you are an important line of defense in keeping the organization safe online. Stay vigilant to threats and keep these best practices in mind.
- Don’t click on a link or open an attachment if you suspect an email to be a phishing attack. Signs to look for include generic greetings, grammar errors or messages creating a strong sense of urgency.
- If your browser warns you that the website you are about to visit is dangerous, close it and find the information you need on a safer website.
- Before submitting sensitive information online, make sure your browser is using https://
- Make sure your passwords are hard to guess; avoid using information that is publicly known about you, such as your birthdate or pets’ names.
- No department or office at the College will ever request your username and/or password by email.
Stay connected with the Division of Information Technology on social media (Facebook @cofcit, Twitter @cofcit, and Instagram @cofc_it).