International Studies Graduate Leaves With a Global Perspective

If it hadn’t been for coming to Charleston for spring break her junior year of high school, Madison Crow never would have ended up at the College of Charleston. This Tennessee native intended on spending her vacation on the beach, but decided to join a friend on a tour of CofC. Now, she’s completing her degree at the College.

“It was a complete accident that I found out about the College, but I loved the campus so much that I came back to interview with the Honors College and realized this was my dream school,” she says. “I met incredible people and realized I would be a name, not a number at the College.”

She’d long been interested in travel and international studies and was thrilled to be selected for the International Scholars program. As a student in the program, Crow, a double major in international studies and Spanish as well as a minor in linguistics, traveled with a small group of students to China at the end of her freshman year.

Article by Amy S. Mercer. Photo provided. For more on this story, check out the full article on the College Today!