Jontae Small’s Give Me A Break

This poem is written in Personification form. Its a well writen description of what your feet seem to tell you everyday, yelling at you in pain. The structure of the poem seems to be dragged out just in the same way as the speaker’s feet are being dragged across the mall. I like it!  I realy liked the use of brand names giving detail easy for the reader to imagian it themselves. The way in which the images are described allows the reader to imagine themsleves as being the feet! There is a great amount of humor in the poem and it gives emphasis on the complaints of the feet. The last line of the poem is my favorite. This poem could also in a way be a complaint poem. Its a very cute and I like it alot. I can just hear my feet yelling at me now!

A few things I would change, the question mark in the third line of the poem, I think, should be an exclamation point rather than being a question  let it be as if the feet are yelling at the person. Alsothe exlamation point in the 1st line of the 4th stanza is un needed. I feel as though it speaks for itself, and doesn’t need exclamation, and the axclamation point takes away from the emphasis. Other than that Great poem! Loved it! Thanks for letting me read your poem!

Bernadet Best

This entry was posted in Prof. Rosko. Bookmark the permalink.