Ottavo Giorno: A Beautiful Day for a Birthday in Italy!

It’s my birthday and I’ll nap if I want to.

Today was my (Kavan) birthday.  It was a slow start to the day for many of us, after our night experiencing Piazza della Erbe, but there was work to be done so we woke up and got right to it.  Dan gave us a quick tutorial on how to use a fancy cutting printer, which we will use for part two of our field studies here in Genoa.  We all finished up our autoCAD drawings in preparation for paint sampling tomorrow.

The afternoon called for a quick round of naps and then a treck through the Parco delle Mura.  What a great way to spend a birthday in Italy!  Unfortunately, the castles were all locked up tight so we couldn’t fully explore them.  However, the views from the top of the park were beautiful.  Some of us continued on hiking for a little while and just as Megan was saying that all the view was missing was sheep roaming around, we happened upon a flock of sheep.

To end the day we had a group supper at Ristorante Montallegro.  We rode the funiculare, a small train the takes you up to the top of Genoa, to get there.  The restaurant had an amazing view of the city, and we got a window seat!  The food was delicious and very reasonably priced.  I can definitely say that this will be a birthday to remember.

Ciao!!

Kavan

This entry was posted in GENOA 2013 BLOG. Bookmark the permalink.