On Friday, March 24th, 2017, the Department of Computer Science held the 11th Annual Computer Science Alumni Symposium. Department Chair, Dr. Sebastian van Delden, started the symposium with a warm welcome and presented Master of Ceremonies, Husna Siddiqui.
Presenters highlighted where they are working and their responsibilities, showcasing the variety of opportunities that a degree in computer science can offer. Students gained advice ranging from broadening your skill sets, post-college life, to the advantages of growing and keeping in touch with connections!
The presenters for the 11th Annual Computer Science Alumni Symposium included:
- Arpan Kotecha ‘05 – KOS Analytics
- David Johnson ‘13 – University of Victoria
- Chad Hobbs ‘14 – CACI International
- Matt Paul ‘14 – University of Pennsylvania
- Laura Barber ‘15 – Tradeworx
- David Moore ‘15 – N.C. State
- Katherine Vaughan ‘15 – Blue Acorn
Biographies of the participating alumni presenters can be found, here. The symposium concluded with a reception, where students had the opportunity to meet and network with the presenters.
Photos of the event can be found, here, and a video of the symposium, here.