Food in Ireland by Hannah Whatley

During my travels to this beautiful country, I had the opportunity to try a variety of different dishes, but the two that stood out to me the most were the fish and chips and the “Iris breakfast”: The first dish that captured my taste buds was the fish and chips. The dish consisted of battered cod that is deep-fried. The fish was served with thick-cut “chips” (French fries) and a side of tartar sauce and mushy peas. The fish was fresh and flaky, and the batter was perfect. The fries were also amazing! It was the perfect comfort food to enjoy on that cold day, and I found myself ordering fish several times during my trip because of it. The second dish that I fell in love with was the traditional Irish breakfast. It consisted of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, and baked beans. The breakfast was hearty and filling, and the combination of the salty bacon and sausage with the beans and eggs was so good! I can’t explain it in anything short of delicious. It was the perfect way to start the day and kept me full for hours. I enjoyed my Irish breakfast at a cafe in the hotel we stayed in, in Dublin. The cafe had a welcoming atmosphere, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was cooked to order, and the portions were generous. The cafe also served a variety of fruits and cheeses, which made for a perfect start to the day. In conclusion, my favorite foods that I tried in Ireland were fish and chips and the traditional Irish breakfast. The fish and chips were the perfect comfort food, and the Irish breakfast was hearty and delicious. I would highly recommend trying these dishes if you ever find yourself in Ireland.

Irish Breakfast

Fish and Chips