Dyshia Parks

dyshia

My trip to the Penn Center was quite interesting. I really enjoyed the speech and the livelihood of the material being brought forth. I was amazed at how the buildings in the slideshow resembled the buildings still on the land. The main things that stood out to me were the Historical marker, The Pine Cottage, The Museum, and The Gantt Cottage.

I was fond of the Gantt Cottage mainly because it housed Dr. King. I also liked the fact that it was not at all fancy and it still remains the way it appeared to be when Dr. King resided there. I also admired the fact that it resembled a house that we live in today. The Gantt Cottage is now used for an office for the Neighborhood legal Assistance.

I enjoyed this trip and I would recommend others going as well. You actually learn a lot of neat and meaningful things about the Gullah Community and the ancestors who played a part in this unique experience. A lot of things that were available in the museum were interesting as well. I truly enjoyed myself.