Kelsey Barbour, Delta Gamma

As I entered College of Charleston as a Freshman in the fall of 2009 I didn’t know a single person attending and my equestrian endeavors prevented me from being able to participate in recruitment. As a result I felt that I was the only person not in Greek Life and had no where and no one to turn to. I e-mailed the director of Greek Life to see which sororities were doing Spring Recruitment and discovered a new sorority was about to drop anchor at the College of Charleston. Little did I know that my new sisters in the Delta Gamma fraternity would be the ones that helped me through a very tough year. Whether I needed advice or just someone to talk to or hang out with the girls at DG were there supporting me. The wonderful part of joining a sorority or fraternity is as a pledge class all of you are going through the same slightly awkward procedure together. All of the bonding activities and meetings, no matter how “lame” or “boring” they may seem truly brings everyone closer together. In the end, no matter which organization you choose they’ll be there as your advocates, champions, and friends, and you as theirs.

Kelsey Barbour ’13