Reflection by Chase Lee

I am writing this in my room, back home in the United States. It feels extremely weird typing that because I have been studying in Italy for the last four months. I am sad that my trip has ended, but I am so grateful for what this experience has given me. If I had any advice to give to future students, it would be to study abroad and don’t look back. You will only receive the opportunity once in your life, and you will never be able to study in a different country in your early twenties ever again. 

Studying abroad was one of the best decisions that I could have ever made for myself, and I do not regret anything about going. Because I went abroad, I was able to meet so many cool people, eat food that I still dream about, and experience new cultures. I was also able to gain an international perspective on the marketing world from the classes that I took, which I will forever be grateful for. Studying abroad also allowed me to grow so much as a person. 

Since studying abroad, I feel a lot more comfortable traveling and navigating places alone. I was not very good at that before. If I had the opportunity to study abroad or become an international intern in the future, I would totally do it! I think my destination of choice would be London, England. London was my favorite place that I visited while abroad, and I would love to go back for a longer period. I could totally see myself living there! 

My semester abroad was a trip that I will remember for the rest of my life, and I am so glad that I took that leap. I am sad that it has come to an end, but I am looking forward to how this experience will shape decisions and opportunities that come my way in the future.