An Improvised Night of Laughs

On Wednesday November 20th I attended Theatre 99’s improv show. The show featured three improv groups, each talented, funny and unique. The first called themselves “Big Dicktionary.” The two men in the group brought a dictionary to the stage and pointed to a random word. They then created improvised skits based off of that word. The second group, “Moral Fixation,” was also a pair of men who had the audience pick a word and then acted out several improvised skits that in the end all connected to each other in a circular story. The third group was larger and consisted of men and women. They did several unique and unconnected skits.

I found that I do not think Theatre 99 advertises themselves very effectively. They are very closely located to the College of Charleston campus but until seeing the show I had no idea that there was a theatre located there. Also, their front is a little off putting since the entrance to the theatre is in the back of the building through the parking lot.

I really enjoyed the show. I attended alone but had a blast watching the show and I am so glad I went! Next semester I really would like to go to more of their improv nights. I found that it was a great way to relax and de-stress and just laugh out loud at the skits. I would definitely recommend going to see one of their shows. They give you a great time and it is totally worth the five dollars!