VideoANT is a web-based application that allows users to add a timeline of comments or annotations alongside a video. This application does not require a download and it has a simple interface, making it a great option for student projects.
Here are some key features:
- Sign in with a Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, or as a guest.
- No video upload required – simply copy the URL of a YouTube video (including your private or unlisted videos if you sign in through Google)
- Collaborate on and share annotations by sharing a link – one link allows others to collaborate on your annotations and the other allows others to only view your annotations
- Export annotations to various formats
- Easily embed the video along with the annotation comments in OAKS
- Works in browsers on mobile devices
- Student projects
- Annotated lectures – add questions at specific time points in recording
- Student collaboration on video lecture notes
- Student or instructor observations on recorded event (oral presentation, sporting event, musical performance, etc.)
Link to application: http://ant.umn.edu/