The College of Charleston’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved the MBA proposal submitted by the School of Business. The next steps in the approval process are:
- SC Commission on Higher Education, Committee on Academic Affairs and Licensing – April 1
- Full SC Commission on Higher Education – May 6
Pending final approval from the Commission, the MBA will begin Fall 2010 as an accelerated, fulltime, daytime program.
The goals of the MBA program are to provide:
- A world class education through excellence in teaching emphasizing applied learning.
- A curriculum designed to respond to today’s business environment with a focus on decision making, innovation, a global mindset, social responsibility and leadership.
- A complementary focus on professional development skills including communication such as interviewing, presentation, business writing and negotiations.
Stay tuned to sb.cofc.edu for continuous updates on the approval process.