Be a PAL: Program Assessment Liaison
The College’s Assessment Office is looking for faculty from each School to serve as a Program Assessment Liaison to their office. The position includes a stipend and the details are below. Any interested faculty should send me their statement on previous and current involvement in assessment. Interested? Contact Marcia.
PALs (Program Assessment Liaison)
Academic Year Stipend: $2,000/person to oversee about 20 academic programs
Assignment Duration: One academic year commitment that may be continued, recommended maximum of 3 consecutive years.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate meetings (one meeting per semester) with department faculty to follow up on action plans presented in assessment reports. Provide updates on action plans.
- Coordinate gatherings of department faculty, staff, and/or administrators (one meeting per semester) to facilitate meaningful discussion around the analysis of assessment data with the goal that the assessment activities result in improvements that support greater student success.
- Participate in the Program Assessment Peer Review process.
- Participate in (at least one) Faculty Development opportunities in assessment (i.e. Internal Workshops, SACSCOC annual conference, Assessment Institute)
- Work with DAC committee and assessment coordinators at the program, unit and campus levels and communicate with individuals who design and deliver their respective programs.
- Participate in the 3-year assessment feedback meetings (3PAF) for your School programs.
- Collaborate with the Director of Assessment and the Assistant Provost for Assessment to promote best practices and create workshops specific to your assigned School (s).
- Send your name and a brief statement on your previous and current involvement in assessment to the DAC committee member appointed to your School NO LATER THAN APRIL 15TH.
- Business: Marcia Snyder: email@example.com