Program in Hispanic Studies, Fall 2013
- Activity 1: Workshop to introduce program & mentors, get input from adjuncts
- Activity 2 (September): Classroom observation of adjuncts and individual follow-up meetings with mentor
- Activity 3: Workshop designed to address pedagogical topics deemed most beneficial to this group of adjuncts
- Activity 4: Second observation and individual follow-up meetings
- Activity 5: Workshop covering additional topics in basic Spanish language instruction
Teaching assignments & background of adjuncts: All teach in Basic Languages program (Spanish 101-202), which is also staffed by roster faculty (instructors primarily) and overseen by the department’s Basic Languages Coordinator. Group includes both experienced and novice teachers.