Reflections

I chose to do my project on the South Carolina Gazette because it seemed like it might be a good place to find a variety of things even possibly literature. As it turns out, the gazette did actually have a lot. Finding something interesting to use for the project ended up being rather easy. The […]

Continue Reading

Ben Guion Colonial Carolina Reflection

To begin with my overall interpretation of this project of creating an anthology, I was immediately intrigued with the idea of working together as a class to create something larger than us and that would branch outside of the classroom.  I thought that doing this was one of the first ‘real’ times I have felt […]

Continue Reading

Anthology Reflection

It’s been a rather long and challenging semester, both in terms of research within this class and my course load in general. I knew at the beginning of this course that I’d be spending an ungodly amount of hours in the library, but could never have estimated that combined with the material I was working […]

Continue Reading

Anthology Reflections

The semester is almost over, and with it comes the close of our anthology project and a very interesting semester in Pre-Colonial America. For our grand anthology project I honestly had no idea what I was going to research that first day in the library. So I started poking around the databases looking for any […]

Continue Reading

Reflection on Anthology Project

When we first began our anthology project, I was overwhelmed by the amount of documents, collections and literary works that were readily available to me. Before even jumping in and exploring I developed a preconceived idea of what I wanted to find; personal letters that I could contextualize within the colonial period. It did not […]

Continue Reading

Reflection

As the Anthology Project comes to a close, I find myself appreciating the aspects of the project more and more. The project, while overwhelming at times, proved very interesting in many ways. From searching databases to find documents to visiting the South Carolina Historical Society, this project was enjoyable in the material we were focusing […]

Continue Reading

Reflections

Looking back on the final weeks of class and the work we’ve all done on our archival project, I have to say that is has been an adventure, to say the least.  At first I really struggled with deciding on a topic.  I went back and forth between a few, searching for the right documents […]

Continue Reading

Reflections

Now that I am nearing the twilight of this project I have found many things I appreciate about completing this project. The undertaking of an archival project in just 2-3 months time is a challenge and thankfully I like challenges. Searching for primary sources/primary documents was the most difficult part for me and the second […]

Continue Reading

Reflection of Our Anthology Project

Nearing the end of the semester, I reflect back on this Literature class and our Anthology project with mixed feelings. I enjoyed the class as a whole, and I greatly appreciate the vast amount of information that I obtained in such a short time. Although, this information certainly came at a cost – that being […]

Continue Reading

Reflection

The best part of this project, for me, was not worrying about getting something wrong. Generally, when large projects are assigned there are strict rules to structure it against. This time, because we were all figuring out what the parameters should be together, we got to learn more about what we were doing. If, at […]

Continue Reading