RSS Feed

Fixing things

0

November 17, 2017 by Garrett Mitchener

Dear Diego,

Thank you for your letter. You mentioned that you’d like to learn how to repair cars. That sounds like a good idea. Fixing things can be hard work, but it’s also fun.

My car is 18 years old. I really like it, but lots of its parts have broken. The radiator broke. The transmission fluid leaked. There’s a light that won’t turn on any more. Spark plugs, sensors, and batteries wore out. I’m glad that there’s a shop near my house that can fix it.

I’ve learned a little bit about how to fix plumbing and electrical equipment. I’ve fixed electrical receptacles, switches, and lights. Once I fixed a washing machine. I’ve fixed leaky faucets and toilets. I’ve only learned enough to fix simple problems. But I live in an old house, and the buildings at church are old, so I use these basic skills a lot. I have to call an expert to fix the big problems, though.

I also know a lot about fixing computers. I help my friends find documents on their computers. I can add new parts to an old computer that make it work better. I can write computer programs, and help other people fix mistakes in their programs.

I enjoy helping people when I can. Since God gave me a gift for understanding how machines work and how to fix them, I try to use that gift to help others. God promises to make all things new again (Revelation 21:5), and I believe he wants us to do the same in our own small ways.

All the best,
— Garrett Mitchener

0 comments »