I had the privilege of speaking with three instructional librarians during this campus closure: Elena Rodriguez, Amanda Kraft, and Gretchen Scronce. They shared some important information with me. The first is that every school has a liaison, a librarian who is ready, willing, and able to collaborate. Also, faculty who work with them have several key advantages. They know:
- what collaboration with a liaison looks like
- how librarians meet faculty needs
- what OER initiatives are happening at CofC along with their benefits
In the end, I also reached out to Professor Elaine Worzala, a faculty member in the School of Business who has benefited from partnering with Amanda Kraft. She related from a professor’s perspective what the collaborative effort looks like.
Below are some links that will help you:
- find your liaison by subject
- discover library services available to faculty
- answer questions about academic continuity and e-learning
- book an appointment via Zoom
- pick up and return physical materials while Addlestone Library is physically closed
I hope you’ll consider contacting your library liaison, your own professional superhero research partner.
Music on this podcast can be found at Incompetech.com.
Scheming Weasel (faster version) by Kevin MacLeod
Midnight Tale by Kevin MacLeod
Fearless First by Kevin MacLeod
Funkorama by Kevin MacLeod