With Who: FedEx Freight
Location: Memphis, TN
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Position Description: Plan, direct and develop effective external communication strategies and company culture shaping initiatives to protect and advance the FedEx brand and reputation.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and execution of external communication plans that support FedEx Freight business and reputation in the marketplace
- Oversee media relations functions including news monitoring, press inquiries and crisis response
- Serve as company spokesperson. Develop and sustain relationships with key members of the media, local government, economic, civic and cultural organizations
- Oversee crisis communication programs and reactive media relations
- Develop messaging that aligns with corporate business objectives and ensure communications reflect FedEx market position
- Drafts, proofreads and edits external communication materials ensuring all produce the impact desired, meet brand standards and are technically accurate
- Oversees public relations efforts including VIP visits, community events, new facility openings, etc.
- Ensures continuity and consistency of messages between FedEx Corporation, FedEx Services and FedEx OpCos
- Oversee the development and implementation of the culture shaping initiatives at FedEx Freight
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other assignments (or duties) as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field or equivalent directly related work experience. Master’s Degree preferred
Five (5) years’ experience as a corporate communications spokesperson for a major corporation
Strong background in media relations and crisis management
Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail
Advanced writing, editing and proof reading experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentations (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.) with ability to interact with all levels across organization and manage vendor relationships
Strong leadership for launching new corporate initiatives
Able to follow instructions and complete required training
Ability to work independently and as a team member
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Apply (or request more information): Apply today on the FedEx Jobs site!