header image

Math 246 Python notebooks (2015 versions)

As one way to learn Python programming for scientific computing, here are my interactive Jupyter notebooks used in Math 246. For now these are from the last time that I taught this course, in Fall 2015. I am teaching it again in Fall 2017, and so will update them as the semester progresses.

Unfortunately this WordPress blogging software does not allow direct linking to Jupyter notebook files or HTML pages, for security reasons, so I provide the notebooks as a zip archive, Math246-Python-notebooks.

To use these interactive notebooks, you need access to Jupyter; for details of getting that, see the page Python for Scientific Computing above.

It is often enough to just read them do the exercises in another Python environment like Spyder, which avoids the need for Jupyter software. For that, here they all are converted to HTML, in another ZIP archive for the reasons mentioned above: Math246-Python-notebooks-HTML

Finally here they are for more direct reading, in PDF conversions. However, these PDF versions are uglier than the originals, so the HTML versions are better overall.

PDF versions of the notebooks (2015 versions)

Leave a response -

Your response: