*At this time, Information Technology will postpone the MyCharleston Password Recovery Implementation that was originally scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday August 19th, until after the start of classes. We will keep the campus informed of the new implementation date.
We are excited to announce an upcoming improvement to your MyCharleston password recovery experience. We are implementing a functionality that will allow you to manually recover your Cougars password by answering a series of questions. You will no longer need to contact Helpdesk to recover or reset your Cougars password. This new functionality also improves the security of the password recovery process.
When Information Technology implements this new functionality, you will be asked to complete your recovery profile when you first log into MyCharleston. You’ll be asked to answer a series of eight questions.
Please keep the following in mind:
- You will only have to set up your recovery profile once.
- If you forget your password, you’ll be prompted to answer two of the eight questions to recover your password manually.
- The login process will not change.
- All eight questions must be answered.
- No duplicate answers will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Helpdesk at (843) 953-3375 or by emailing Helpdesk@cofc.edu.