SERVICE: Network Equipment Maintenance
IMPACT: No service disruption is expected during this maintenance window.
DATE: Friday, February 6, 2015
TIME: 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM
OVERVIEW: On Friday, February 6th at 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM, Information Technology will perform emergency maintenance on equipment that provides network connectivity to ALL campus applications. This scheduled maintenance will patch security vulnerabilities and provide other updates as needed. While no impact to service is expected, please note that this maintenance has the possibility of affecting ALL campus applications, including but not limited to:
- Faculty and Staff Exchange Email (cofc.edu)
- Echo 360
- Vision CAD (Public Safety)
- VPN (remote connections)
- Physical Plant CMI (monitors campus HVAC and power systems)
- CofC Mobile Apps
- College Website/Webpages
- Cougar Alert (users will receive alerts via all methods except email since Exchange will be unavailable)
- Blogs.cofc.edu (users will not be able to edit content but blogs will be online)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: IT publishes all scheduled maintenance on the IT blog at https://blogs.cofc.edu/it/. We encourage you to check this site often to be aware of scheduled preventative maintenance. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at (843) 953-3375 or by emailing email@example.com.