Cognos was successfully upgraded to version 10.2 this past weekend thanks to a lot of coordination and effort from the Office of Institutional Research, Planning and Information Management and Information Technology. We hope your experience with the new version of Cognos is a positive one. The new features with Cognos 10.2 include:
- New visualization and chart types that increase interactivity and ease of authoring
- Major improvements with report processing by leveraging 64-bit architecture
- Better performance with query transactions through 64-bit processing
- Security improvements to protect sensitive data
Also, Cognos mobile extensions are coming soon! The mobile extensions will allow for interaction with Cognos Business Intelligence 10 through Apple iPhone/iPad and Android tablets for facilitating decision-making with timely information.
When logging in for the first time after the upgrade, you may need to clear your browser cookies or stored temporary internet files if you receive a “404” error instead of a log in page. As a reminder, IT recommends using Firefox for Cognos 10.2. For instructions on how to clear your browser cookies, please see below.
- Open Firefox
- Click on the triple lines in the top right corner to open the menu
- Select the History icon
- Select Clear Recent History for a pop-up box
- Make sure “everything” is listed in the time range to clear at the top of the box
- Make sure the following are checked:
- Browsing & Download history
- Active Logins
- Click on the Clear Now button at the bottom of the menu
- This takes you back to your regular internet window. Try the link again: https://reporting.battery.cofc.edu
If you successfully log in and continue to experience issues, please contact CognosHelp@cofc.edu.