One of the security features of the Outlook Web App (OWA) is your ability to monitor and administer all of the devices that you may use to connect to your College email account. With OWA, you can ensure that only the devices that you have authorized to sync are connected, as well as delete the accounts of old devices no longer in use, or which have become lost or stolen, in order to protect personal information. These security features are common to all Exchange servers and mobile devices.
The Android device will alert you if you add your Exchange email account to your phone. In order to proceed with the installation of the account, you must approve of the notification that the “Exchange server requires that you allow it to remotely control some features…”. You must approve of this requirement in order to connect to the College’s server. Details of the notification may differ, but it may include any of the following:
- Erase all data
- Set password rules / Limit password
- Monitor screen-unlock attempts / Watch login attempts
- Lock the screen / Force lock
- Set lock-screen password expiration
- Set storage encryption
You can access all of these features by:
- Logging on to OWA webmail
- Click on the Options drop down box in the upper right corner, then click See All Options
- Click the Phone link
- You will see all of the mobile devices that you have connected to your CofC Outlook account. You will also be presented with options that will allow you to administer, manage, wipe or disconnect each mobile device that you own as well as check their status.
If you have any questions, please contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at (843) 953-3375 or by emailing email@example.com.