Sent on behalf of the Information Technology Helpdesk…
Information Technology is pleased to announce that we are upgrading campus Windows computers to the Windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 simplifies computer security, making it easier to reduce the risk of damage caused by viruses, spyware, and other malware. It also has many other features, including an improved backup solution to help keep information safe. All College of Charleston Windows computers will be upgraded to Windows 7 well prior to April 2014 since Windows XP Microsoft support expires at that time.
The upgrade is underway. There are several approaches being taken to facilitate the transition to Windows 7.
- As new Windows computers are procured, they are being imaged and deployed with the Windows 7 operating system.
- As computers are repaired by IT Support Services, we work with the individual users about upgrading to the new operating system.
- Users with computers running Windows XP which were purchased with a Windows 7 license have already been upgraded by IT Support Services, or already have been scheduled to be upgraded.
- Computers in classrooms and labs are scheduled to be upgraded over summer 2013.
- The remaining users will be contacted by IT systematically to schedule their upgrade.
IT Support Services has been supporting Windows 7 since January 2012.
If you are unfamiliar with Windows 7 or would like more information as it becomes available, please visit the following link.
For any additional questions, please contact the Help Desk at 953-3375, by phone or email@example.com by e-mail.