May 2020 Graduates
Prior to Graduation:
- Apply to graduate on MyCharleston prior to Saturday, February 1st
- Submit Honors Ceremony Survey by noon on Tuesday, February 25th
- Submit Senior Profile by noon on Wednesday April 29th
- Submit Senior Survey by Thursday, May 7th
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 4-5 of your favorite photos from your time at CofC by noon on Friday, April 24th
- Submit Bachelor’s Essay to Honors Online Repository by noon on Wednesday, April 29th. The Bachelor’s Essay will be due to your professor at a time that you have agreed upon with them. Ask your professor about his or her deadline. See Instructions for Completing and Submitting your Bachelor’s Essay on the next tab of this page
- Social Media – Remember to join the College of Charleston Honors College Alumni LinkedIn group.
2020 HONORS COLLEGE CEREMONY
Friday, May 8, 2020, 9am
Use this link to join us live for a virtual Honors Ceremony. Feel free to share the link with your family, friends, professors, and others who have supported you. A recording of the ceremony will be made available the week of May 11th.
A copy of the ceremony program is available here.
If you have questions about any of the above, please email email@example.com.
Please read the following information regarding your Bachelor’s Essay. There is also a link below explaining how to submit the Bachelor’s Essay to the online repository.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting your Bachelor’s Essay to the Honors College Repository
To fulfill Honors College requirements, you must submit the following—using the relevant Honors College forms attached —by Wednesday, April 29th at noon:
- An electronic copy of your Bachelor’s Essay, with the official Title Page form, submitted through the Electronic Bachelor’s Essay system.
- It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s)
Please note that you will submit a final version of your Bachelor’s Essay to your BE Advisor (and, if relevant, your Secondary Reader) in advance of the official submission deadline to allow time for final reading and approval.
Please complete the relevant forms as follows:
- Where indicated by brackets on the forms, please enter:
- Your Bachelor’s Essay title
- Your degree (Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science degree)
- Your major(s)
- Your name
- The date and year of graduation (e.g. May 2019)
- The name of your BE Advisor and, if relevant, the Secondary Reader
- Remove all brackets and replace all red text with black text
- Cut-and-Paste the edited Title Page as a single page at the start of your Bachelor’s Essay before submitting it electronically by Friday, May 3rd at noon.
Submitting Your Bachelor’s Essay Electronically
The online Bachelor’s Essay Submission System provides a simple process for describing and uploading your essay.
Once submitted, your submission will be reviewed and then published to the Institutional Repository portal provided by College of Charleston Libraries.
Step-by-step instructions for submitting your Bachelor’s Essay electronically are available here.
Bachelor’s Essay Title Pages and Advisor Forms
It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s).