May 2021 Graduates
2021 HONORS SENIOR SURVEY
Seniors, we would like you to take a few minutes and tell us more about your experiences as an Honors student through the Honors Senior Survey. These data are extremely beneficial to Honors faculty and staff and are used to help improve the Honors College for future students. Unlike the Senior Profile, this is an anonymous survey and captures your valued perspective on the programs, coursework, and opportunities you have experienced as an Honors student. This survey is MANDATORY and should take only around 15 minutes to complete. The deadline to complete the survey is Friday, May 14th.
Survey Link: Honors Senior Survey
If you have any questions or issues when filling out the survey, please contact Sarah Kell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 HONORS COLLEGE CEREMONY
We are pleased to announce that we have been approved to hold an in-person Honors College ceremony on Friday, May 7 at 9:00 a.m. in TD Arena. To do so, it should not surprise you that we must adhere to specific health and safety requirements. In order to maintain safe numbers of individuals in an indoor space, each student will be able to invite (2) guests to attend the ceremony in person. We wish we were able to accommodate more of your family and friends, and hope you understand that this decision was made to protect the health and safety of you, your loved ones and our community. Unfortunately, we will not be able to livestream the event, but we will be recording the event and it will be posted on the Honors website
Each student will need to pick up their tickets from the Honors Center during normal business hours between 9 a.m. on Tuesday, April 27 and noon on Wednesday, May 5th. Tickets will not be available at the ceremony on Friday morning.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- Your tickets are for your guests ONLY and cannot be used by guests of other students.
- All students and guests MUST wear masks for the entirety of the ceremony. Masks cannot be removed for photos inside TD arena.
- Families will be asked to enter TD Arena using social distancing procedures and to exit accordingly.
- An email with the details of COVID-19 procedures for the ceremony will be sent to you on Wednesday, May 5th.
For those students who have indicated they are walking in commencement at Patriot’s Point on Thursday, May 6th, you may pick up your medal when you pick up your tickets. This will allow you to wear your medal at your commencement ceremony.
Finally, if necessitated by health-related concerns or mandates by local, state or federal guidance, the College reserves the right to make changes to ceremony plans, including the number of in-person guests allowed after the release of tickets. While we do not foresee this happening, we highly recommend guests seek refundable travel plans where possible.
Please read the following information regarding your Bachelor’s Essay. There is also a link below explaining how to submit the Bachelor’s Essay to the online repository.
PRIOR TO GRADUATION:
- Apply to graduate on MyCharleston prior to Tuesday, February 1st.
- Submit Honors Ceremony Survey by noon on Tuesday, February 23rd.
- Sign up for Dessert with the Dean (DwD). You will need to sign up for a small group meeting with Dean Meyer-Bernstein before noon on Thursday, April 8th. Please refer to the email from Mary Moser for sign-up instructions.
- Submit your Senior Profile no later than 48-hours prior to your Dessert with the Dean meeting (E.g., if you sign up for a DwD session on April 14, you would need to submit your senior profile no later than April 12).
- Submit a headshot for the Honors ceremony slideshow. Submit a professional-style jpg file as an email attachment to email@example.com by Noon Friday, April 23rd.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 4-5 of your favorite photos from your time at CofC by noon on Friday, April 23rd.
- Submit your Bachelor’s Essay to the Honors Online Repository by noon on Wednesday, April 21st. The Bachelor’s Essay will be due to your professor at a time that you have agreed upon with them. Ask your professor about his or her deadline. See Instructions for completing and submitting your Bachelor’s Essay on the “Bachelor’s Essay” tab of this page.
- Order your bound copy of Bachelor’s Essay using the form on the “Order Bound Copy” tab of this page.
- Social Media – Remember to join the College of Charleston Honors College Alumni LinkedIn group.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting your Bachelor’s Essay to the Honors College Repository
To fulfill Honors College requirements, you must submit the following—using the relevant Honors College forms attached —by Wednesday, April 21st at noon:
- An electronic copy of your Bachelor’s Essay, with the official Title Page form, submitted through the Electronic Bachelor’s Essay system.
- It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s)
Please note that you will submit a final version of your Bachelor’s Essay to your BE Advisor (and, if relevant, your Secondary Reader) in advance of the official submission deadline to allow time for final reading and approval.
Please complete the relevant forms as follows:
- Where indicated by brackets on the forms, please enter:
- Your Bachelor’s Essay title
- Your degree (Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science degree)
- Your major(s)
- Your name
- The date and year of graduation (e.g. May 2019)
- The name of your BE Advisor and, if relevant, the Secondary Reader
- Remove all brackets and replace all red text with black text
- Cut-and-Paste the edited Title Page as a single page at the start of your Bachelor’s Essay before submitting it electronically.
Submitting Your Bachelor’s Essay Electronically
The online Bachelor’s Essay Submission System provides a simple process for describing and uploading your essay.
Once submitted, your submission will be reviewed and then published to the Institutional Repository portal provided by College of Charleston Libraries.
Step-by-step instructions for submitting your Bachelor’s Essay electronically are available here.
Bachelor’s Essay Title Pages and Advisor Forms
It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s).