May 2022 Graduates
PRIOR TO GRADUATION…
1. Apply to graduate on MyCharleston by Tuesday, February 1.
2. Signup to participate in the Honors Ceremony by noon on Tuesday, February 22.
3. Register for Lunch with the Dean (LwD). Every year, the Dean of the Honors College meets with all graduating seniors in small groups for a casual meal. This get-together is a chance for seniors to reflect on their time in the Honors College and share feedback on their experience. It’s also where you’ll learn more about the Honors graduation ceremony. Graduating Honors students are required to attend one of these mandatory sessions, which run from Monday, April 11 through Monday, April 25. Please register for Lunch with the Dean to confirm which date you will attend. (The deadline to register is Thursday, April 7.)
4. Submit your Senior Profile and upload an updated Resume to OAKS. All seniors must complete the Honors Senior Profile within 48 hours of their Lunch with the Dean (see above). So for example, if you signed up to attend LwD on Monday, April 11 you’ll need to submit your senior profile survey by Saturday, April 9. We use this survey information to create a personalized narrative for the Honors graduation ceremony, so the information should reflect both your College accomplishments and your current thoughts about your future plans. Please also submit an updated resume to OAKS, as we often pull information from there as well. If you’d like to update your senior profile after you’ve submitted it (with updated news about your job search, say, or grad school acceptance), you can do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Profile Update.”
5. Complete the Honors College Senior Survey. This is a MANDATORY exit survey that must be completed by ALL graduating Honors College seniors. The data collected from this anonymous survey is used in our evaluation of the Honors College experience. Your Honors College experience was influenced by the feedback we received from those graduates who came before you, so please do take the time to help us improve Honors for those to follow. The link to the survey can be found here.
6. Submit a professional-style headshot (jpg or png file, please) as an email attachment to email@example.com by Noon on Friday, April 22.
7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 4 or 5 of your favorite photos from your time at CofC by noon on Friday, April 20 (we use these photos in a slideshow to be shown at the Honors graduation ceremony).
8. Submit your completed Bachelor’s Essay to the Honors Online Repository by noon on Monday, April 25. The Bachelor’s Essay will be due to your professor at a time that you have agreed upon with them. Ask your professor about his or her deadline. Instructions for Completing and submitting your Bachelor’s Essay can be found on the Hub (Click the Bachelor’s Essay tab above).
9. (Optional) Order a bound copy of your Bachelor’s Essay.
10. Stay in touch! We want to hear about all the places you go and your incredible post-grad experiences. Please join the College of Charleston Honors College Alumni LinkedIn group, share your post-grad updates with us by email or social media, and stop in to see us whenever you’re back on campus for a visit.
2022 HONORS COLLEGE CEREMONY
Friday, May 6, 2022
What is the Honors Ceremony?
The Honors Ceremony is a celebration of of graduating Honors College students. Members of the Honors community—including faculty, staff, and college administration—join together with your family and friends to commemorate all you’ve accomplished in your time within the Honors College. The Honors Ceremony takes place during the College’s commencement weekend. You can check out photos from previous ceremonies to get a better idea of what the event looks like.
Does the Honors Ceremony replace CofC commencement?
The Honors Ceremony is a separate event that takes place in addition to the College-wide commencement ceremonies. At the Honors Ceremony, you’ll receive an Honors College certificate acknowledging that you completed the Honors requirements, as well as an Honors College medal. Then, at your CofC commencement ceremony, you’ll receive your college diploma. The Honors Ceremony is scheduled such that it does not conflict with any of the College’s commencement ceremonies so that graduating Honors students and their families can attend both events.
Will the 2022 Honors Ceremony take place in-person?
The 2022 Honors College ceremony is currently scheduled as an in-person, ticketed event. Your parent/guardian will receive a formal, mailed invitation to the Honors College Ceremony, to be sent out by March 15.
How does ticketing for the Honors Ceremony work?
Each graduating senior will be allocated up to six guest tickets for the ceremony (this is in addition to the student ticket that graduates will use to get into TD Arena). Starting at noon on Wednesday, April 27, graduates will be able to pick up their tickets in the main office of the Honors Center (10 Green Way) during normal business hours. Tickets will be available for pickup between April 27 and May 4. When you arrive to pickup your tickets, we’ll ask you to confirm how many tickets you need for the ceremony. If you do not need all six of your allocated tickets, the unused tickets will be added to a lottery pool for those students requesting additional tickets. Students who request additional tickets will be added to this ticket lottery system. Once all graduates have had a chance to pick up their tickets, any extra tickets will be allocated at random to those in the ticket pool, based on availability. Any additional tickets will be distributed on Thursday, May 5, the day before the ceremony. (Note that the Honors College does not condone the sale or exchange of ceremony tickets between students!)
If you have questions about the above, please email email@example.com. And of course, congratulations!
Please read the following information regarding your Bachelor’s Essay. There is also a link below explaining how to submit the Bachelor’s Essay to the online repository.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting your Bachelor’s Essay to the Honors College Repository
To fulfill Honors College requirements, you must submit the following—using the relevant Honors College forms linked below—by Monday, April 25th at noon:
- An electronic copy of your Bachelor’s Essay, with the official Title Page form, submitted through the Electronic Bachelor’s Essay system.
- It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s)
Please note that you will submit a final version of your Bachelor’s Essay to your BE Advisor (and, if relevant, your Secondary Reader) in advance of the official submission deadline to allow time for final reading and approval.
Please complete the relevant forms as follows:
- Where indicated by brackets on the forms, please enter:
- Your Bachelor’s Essay title
- Your degree (Bachelor of Arts and/or Bachelor of Science degree)
- Your major(s)
- Your name
- The date and year of graduation (e.g. May 2022)
- The name of your BE Advisor and, if relevant, the Secondary Reader
- Remove all brackets and replace all red text with black text
- Cut-and-Paste the edited Title Page as a single page at the start of your Bachelor’s Essay before submitting it electronically.
Submitting Your Bachelor’s Essay Electronically
The online Bachelor’s Essay Submission System provides a simple process for describing and uploading your essay.
Once submitted, your submission will be reviewed and then published to the Institutional Repository portal provided by College of Charleston Libraries.
**Step-by-step instructions for submitting your Bachelor’s Essay electronically are available here.
Bachelor’s Essay Title Pages and Advisor Forms
It is the choice of the advisor(s) whether to use a title page which requires signature(s) or to use a title page without signature(s).