Minorities in Medicine is a student organization that services to educate and promote diversity within the medical field. Striving to enhance the lives of members and associates, they put their best foot forward through hands-on experience in the medical field along with the services within. The organization’s service initiatives target four main areas: health education, health awareness, global health awareness, and community outreach.
The Outreach Committee is looking for new members who want to make a positive and lasting change in the Honors College. If you are interested, fill out this Google Form and contact Aliece Hurley (email@example.com) or Andrea Kimpson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information!
The Outreach Committee…
- Works with administration on recruitment and retention processes
- Has the opportunity to be part of a new and innovative committee with a direct impact
- Builds communities within the Honors College
- Series on Race
- Revising the Charleston Fellows Interview Weekend review process to mitigate bias
- Developing Honors affinity groups
- Process for existing students to join the Charleston Fellows Program