Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) Technology Commercialization Internship Program.
The Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) Technology Commercialization Internship Program provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to explore and contribute to projects that lie at the intersection of business and technology like machine learning, artificial intelligence, computing, data science, and biofuels. Students undergo intensive training as they join the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) world-class national laboratory system, boost entrepreneurial thinking, and explore market opportunities.
Internships will be for 10-12 consecutive weeks beginning on or about June 5, 2023. Alternate dates may be considered depending on your class schedules and facility schedules.
As a program participant, you will:
- Participate in and contribute to OTT mission-related research, technical and policy activities under the guidance of technology transfer experts and/or OTT staff.
- Learn and collaborate with Technology Transfer specialists at DOE national laboratories working on commercialization efforts related to the OTT mission, and establish long-term relationships between yourself, technology transfer experts, and OTT staff.
- Gain deep insight into the federal government's role in the creation and implementation of policies that will affect energy technology development.
- Enhance your education and training in OTT-related fields and increase your future marketability in these disciplines.
- Stipend: $750 per week
- Virtual appointments – no relocation required
- In-person closing ceremony that provides interns an opportunity to showcase their summer projects – Travel arrangements and reimbursement will be provided.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is January 16th, 2023.
Students may learn more here!
For additional information, there is a Zoom Info session being held on December 6th at 2:00pm. Students may register here!