Participate in the 3rd Annual SC Innovates Pitch Competition!
The SC Innovates Pitch Competition is an Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition containing multiple colleges and universities across the state of South Carolina.
Students may participate in teams of 1 to 4 students. Teams work together to create new venture models. There is over $10,000 available in cash prizes for winning teams.
Check out a description of the competition below:
Phase 1 Submission Deadline: Pitch Deck + Pitch Video = due by 10/30/2022 (11:59pm ET)
- Students must fill out a simple official entry form and Email their completed slide deck to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline
- 5 Slide Pitch Deck
- Slide 1: Title Slide – venture name, team member names, contact info, and YouTube link
- Slide 2: Problem… What problem/pain point creates a promising business opportunity?
- Slide 3: Solution… How does your product/service offer a unique solution for people’s lives?
- Slide 4: Revenue Model… What are the different ways you will make money short- and long-term?
- Slide 5: Social and/or Environmental Impact… How do you plan to make a significant and positive difference? (17 Global Goals) (Intro to Social Entrepreneurship)
Hint: Use a combination of bullet points and images to make your idea stand out (pitch deck examples)
- 90 Second Pitch Video
- The pitch video is your opportunity to tell the story of your business idea and to stand out from other entries… there is no specific format for the video
- A straightforward approach would be using a screen-sharing software (Screencastify or Zoom) to record yourself discussing the slides
- Other approaches could involve iMovie, Powtoon, or other video editing programs, making an animated video or sketchbook, interviewing potential customers about your idea, etc.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Make sure viewing permissions are NOT set to private. We suggest using the unlisted setting. Include the YouTube link on the Title Slide.
Competition Details: tinyurl.com/scinnovates2022
- Up to 15 semifinalists will advance to the Virtual Finale on Wednesday, 11/16/2022.
- $10,000+ will be awarded for the best student ideas… all semifinalists guaranteed at least $100
Last year, out of the 15 Universities, the College of Charleston had 5 of the 15 semi-finalists and 3 overall winners: .
- 3rd Place – Guestaurant | College of Charleston ($1,000)
- 5th Place – DrinkSafe | College of Charleston ($750)
- People’s Choice – FloodWatch | College of Charleston ($500)