This award was established by Jill Conway to recognize a current Honors College student who has demonstrated engagement, personal growth, curiosity, and leadership. The award recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
This is the first year that a student will be honored with the Jill Conway Award. Jill Conway was an employee of the College of Charleston from 1984 until her retirement in 2017. Jill joined the Honors College (formerly Honors Program) staff in 1996 as the Office Manager and retired as Assistant Director for Student Services. Thanks to Jill’s efforts and dedication to students, the Honors College experience now extends beyond the classroom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A student can receive this award only once.
- A nominee can be any current student in the Honors College.
- Nominations can be from faculty, staff or students, but self-nominations are not allowed.
- Selection criteria will include the nominee’s quality, scope, and level of engagement and leadership in the Honors College, as well as future commitment and potential for future achievement.
Nomination and Selection Procedure
Part I. Nominations will be accepted until September 16, 2019 through the following link: Conway Award Nomination Form
Part II. Student nominees will be contacted via email, and the following additional support materials will be requested.
- Written Statement (max. 500 words; must be typed) to address the following:
- Describe a leadership role you have had in the Honors College.
- What did the leadership role mean to you?
- Describe the impact it had on the Honors community and/or to the campus.
- How will you continue to be engaged in the Honors College or the greater community as a whole?