Honors Student Joins Knowledge Capital Group as Intern

Rachel Bradley ’20 has joined KCG as an Undergraduate Intern.

CofC Honors senior Rachel Bradley has joined Knowledge Capital Group (KCG), a healthcare-oriented management consulting firm, as an undergraduate intern. An Economics and International Studies double-major, Rachel takes on the position with a range of experiences including a study abroad trip focused on the Syrian refugee crisis in Amman, Jordan and previous positions at the Joseph P. Riley Center for Livable Communities and the South Carolina Community Loan Fund.

Rachel applied for the internship after seeing a posting for the position on the Honors Hub, the Honors College’s blog dedicated to connecting Honors students with opportunities in the community.

“I read about KCG my freshman year and I knew I wanted to keep them in mind for a future internship,” Rachel said. “Seeing their post on the Hub prompted me to apply. Since they only hire CofC Honors seniors, I wouldn’t have known they were hiring an intern this year without it.”

In this role, Bradley is assigned internal business development tasks and research on prospective clients. As she continues to work in the office, she hopes to gain further insight into the consulting industry and experience adapting to a new office setting.

“I really love working with a dynamic team in a smaller company,” Rachel said. “Everyone is willing to chip in and collaborate to accomplish a broader mission.”

Bradley is the third CofC Honors student to work with KCG, joining Raina Datt ‘16 and Misty Antonacci ’19. The firm began seeking out Honors students to fulfill intern roles because of the Honors College’s positive reputation in the Charleston community.

Misty Antonacci ’19 now works for KCG as a Project Coordinator.

“We only recruit undergraduates from the Honors College because we want the best that CofC has to offer,” Misty said. “Being an Honors student is a great experience because you get to learn a lot outside of your major. Thank is critical in the professional world because it teaches you to be adaptable.”

Misty, now graduated with a degree in Mathematics, was the first Honors student to join KCG as an undergraduate intern in 2018 and stayed on full-time as a Project Coordinator after graduation. Speaking on her experience as a KCG intern, she now reflects on the importance of experiential learning throughout undergraduate study.

“Getting to know a company is extremely important before staying on full-time,” Misty said. “When I was an intern, I was able to take on a variety of tasks and responsibilities within the firm. Even when my job was more supportive or administrative in nature, those new experiences helped me understand what roles I really enjoyed. I learned from everything I did as an intern, and that continues today as I transition into full-time work.”

We love having the opportunity to connect our students with various research and internship opportunities in the community. If you or your business would like to advertise opportunities for Honors students, please fill out the Honors Hub post request form.