The College of Charleston’s Office of Sustainability will be hosting the campus’ inaugural Sustainability week, April nd-5th. Partnered with the Master of Environmental Studies Program, the School of Science and Mathematics, The Citadel, and various student organization, this event will feature a number of events that pertain to the theme of sustainable communities. This event is a chance for the entire campus community and the general public to get better informed regarding important issues that pertain to sustainable communities.
The event schedule includes the following events:
- Transportation Expo at Rivers Green (behind the Addlestone Library) from 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Local Organization Fair hosted by College of Charleston Student Groups at the Cistern Yard from 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- Documentary showing and panel discussion of Between the Harvest at the New Science Building Auditorium, beginning at 5:00 p.m. (Calhoun and Coming Streets) This event is hosted by graduate student groups MESSA, MBGSA, and PCMI.
- Local Farms Fair on George Street from 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Dr. James Gustave Speth Discussion “Building the Future One Community at a Time” at the Stern Center Ballroom from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- All Campus Trash Audit on Cougar Mall from 6:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (conducted by Alliance for Planet Earth).
- The Office of Sustainability Greenbag Lunch Panel featuring Dr. James Gustave Speth, Colonel Mark Mykleby, Dr. J Baird Callicott, and Dr. P. Brian Fisher at the Stern Center Ballroom from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- 10th Annual Conrad D. Festa Community Lecture; Bill McKibben at Sottile Theater beginning at 6:00 p.m. This event is hosted by the School of Science and Mathematics.
For additional information on the events as well as finding out how you can get involved, log on to the Office of Sustainability website: sustainability.cofc.edu.