header image

Alumni Feature: ReZsaun Lewis ’14

Posted by: murphys2 | June 3, 2020 | No Comment |

ReZsaun Lewis ‘14 is the executive director of Lowcountry Youth Services, which is a nonprofit organization that provides 1-on-1 and group mentoring and youth development programs to equip young men with the tools they need to succeed. In this role, he monitors the organization’s programs to ensure the highest-level of youth engagement opportunities are being provided, he organizes and facilitates community workshops, and more.

“What I love most are the relationships that I’m able to make with young people and the joy of knowing that something that I’m a part of has such a major role in these kids’ lives.”

ReZsaun is a Charleston-native who served 7 years in the US Army and pursued a variety of other careers before enrolling full time as a student at Trident Technical College. He was motivated to transfer to the College of Charleston after discovering the Call Me MISTER program.

“My time with the MISTER program helped me to identify the power of a cohort on individual and collective success. It’s one reason that I’m adamant about peer-to-peer mentorship being an aspect of any mentorship structure that I’m a part of.”

His advice for current students and recent graduates: “Begin with the end in mind. Whatever it is that you are doing now, make sure that it’s in alignment with where you want to end up. That goes for everything from your chosen major to the electives that you sign up for to internships that you choose. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to if you are constantly working toward your goal.”

If you are interested in learning more about Lowcountry Youth Services or volunteering, please visit: lowcountryyouth.org.

under: School News
Tags:

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories